US Employment Authorization OCR
This article walks you through the building process of an OCR API that extracts data from US Employment Authorization using our deep learning engine.
- You’ll need a free account. Sign up and confirm your email to login.
- You’ll need at least 20 US Employment Authorization images or pdfs to train your OCR.
Define your US Employment Authorization use case
First, we’re going to define what fields we want to extract from your US Employment Authorization.
- Surname: The last name of the work permit holder
- Given Name: The first name of the work permit holder
- Category: The US Employment Authorization category
- Valid from: The starting date of the validity of your US employment authorization card
- Card expires: The expiration date of your US employment authorization card
That’s it for our use case. Feel free to add any other relevant data to fit your requirements.
Deploy your API
Once you have defined the list of fields you want to extract, head over to the platform and press the ‘Create a new API’ button.
You land now on the setup page. Here is the image you can use for setting up the API, and my setup looks like this:
Once you’re ready, click on the “next” button. We are going to specify the data types for each of the fields we want our API to extract.
To go further, you can download this json config to set up your data model or do it manually.
Surname: type String that never contains numeric characters.
Given Name: type String that never contains numeric characters.
Category: type String without specifications.
Valid from: type Date in US format.
Card expires type Date in US format.
Once you’re done setting up your data model, press the Start training your model button.
Train your US Employment Authorization OCR
You’re all set!
Now is the time to train your US Employment Authorization deep learning model in the Training section of our API.
In a few hours (minutes if you're fast), you’ll get your first model trained and will be able to use your custom OCR API for parsing US Employment Authorization in your application.
To get more information about the training phase, please refer to the Getting Started tutorial. If you have any questions regarding your use case, feel free to reach out on our chat!