Parking Ticket OCR
This article walks you through the building process of an OCR API that extracts data from Parking Ticket using our deep learning engine.
- You’ll need a free beta account. Sign up and confirm your email to login.
- You’ll need at least 20 Parking Ticket images or pdfs to train your OCR.
Define your Parking Ticket use case
First, we’re going to define what fields we want to extract from your Parking Ticket.
- Citation Number: The citation identification number
- Date: The date of the citation
- Time: The time it was when the citation was issued
- Licence Number: The licence number of the vehicle mentioned in the citation
- State: The state in which the citation was delivered
- Amount Due: The total amount due by the vehicle's owner
That’s it for our use case. Feel free to add any other relevant data to fit your requirements.
Deploy your API
Once you have defined the list of fields you want to extract, head over to the platform and press the ‘build a new endpoint’ button.
You land now on the setup page. Here is the image you can use for setting up the API, and my setup looks like this:
Once you’re ready, click on the “next step” button. We are going to specify the data types for each of the fields we want our API to extract.
To go further, you can download this json config to set up your data model or do it manually.
Citation Number: type Number without specifications.
Date: type Date with US format.
Time issued: type String without specifications.
Licence Number: type String without specifications.
State: type String that never contains numeric characters.
Amount Due: type Number without specifications.
Once you’re done setting up your data model, press the Data model ready? start training button at the top of the screen.
Train your Parking Ticket OCR
You’re all set!
Now is the time to train your Parking Ticket deep learning model in the Training section of our API.
In a few hours (minutes if you're fast), you’ll get your first model trained and will be able to use your custom OCR API for parsing Parking Ticket in your application.
To get more information about the training phase, please refer to the getting started tutorial. If you have any question regarding your use case, feel free to reach out!