Medical Certificate OCR
This article walks you through the building process of an OCR API that extracts data from Medical Certificates using our deep learning engine.
- You’ll need a free account. Sign up and confirm your email to login.
- You’ll need at least 20 Medical Certificate images or pdfs to train your OCR.
Define your Medical Certificate use case
First, we’re going to define what fields we want to extract from your Medical Certificate.
- Student Name: The name of the certificate holder
- Student Number: The student identification number
- Student School: The student's school for which the certificate was issued
- Address: The medical examination center address
- Medical center name: The name of the medical center where the examination was performed
That’s it for our use case. Feel free to add any other relevant data to fit your requirements.
Deploy your API
Once you have defined the list of fields you want to extract, head over to the platform and press the ‘Create a new API’ button.
You land now on the setup page. Here is the image you can use for setting up the API, and my setup looks like this:
Once you’re ready, click on the “next” button. We are going to specify the data types for each of the fields we want our API to extract.
To go further, you can download this json config to set up your data model or do it manually.
Student Name: type String that never contains numeric characters.
Student Number: type Number without specifications.
Student School: type String that never contains alpha characters.
Address: type String without specifications.
Medical Center: type String that never contains alpha characters.
Once you’re done setting up your data model, press the Start training your model button at the bottom of the screen.
Train your Medical Certificate OCR
You’re all set!
Now is the time to train your Medical Certificate deep learning model in the Training section of our API.
In a few hours (minutes if you're fast), you’ll get your first model trained and will be able to use your custom OCR API for parsing Medical Certificate in your application.
To get more information about the training phase, please refer to the Getting Started tutorial. If you have any questions regarding your use case, feel free to reach out on our chat!